In the Nursery the sole fry has to grow from a size of 1.5-2.0 grams to 5-10 grams. This is a phase in which the feed must normally be distributed to satiety in a high number of intakes. In addition, the size dispersion in the fry is significant.
Such conditions require the use of an agile feeding system designed to send a large number of doses with the possibility of making mixtures of feed of different sizes in the doses.
The feeding system that FishFarmFeeder has specifically configured for an important sole culture plant, which is about to start with the fry, is a unit capable of working in unattended mode 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – it only stops for maintenance tasks – with the following features:
- 70 outputs for 70 tanks
- 3 Feed silos with pellet size 0.8 1.1 and 1.5 mm
- More than 2,000 dosages per day
- Possibility to generate doses with different pellet sizes
The adaptation to the needs of the operation is the result of a fluid dialogue between the customer’s technical staff and our technical management. It has been necessary to adapt to some details of the feeding programs that have meant a not inconsiderable effort in design engineering, but we have achieved it.
We have exceeded the requirements. All this is possible thanks to the technical background and expertise in aquaculture feeding automation of our company and, of course, to the know-how of the fish farmer.
As a rule, the FishFarmFeeder centralised automatic feeders for Nursery offer more than just what a fish farmer expects:
- More than 5,000 doses per day, up to a 10-minute dose, for example, in a 50-tank RAS recirculation system
- Mix up to 4 different feeds in one dose
- Up to 200 outlets for the respective 200 tanks
- The automaton is capable of making decisions based on environmental parameters
- The software calculates the feeding program according to feeding tables, increasing the biomass at the end of the feeding according to conversion tables
- The improvement in FCR and SGR is tangible
- Flexibility in the dosing sequence (it is possible to alter the order per tank quickly)
- The use of spreaders will ensure a proper dispersion of the feed and a homogeneous growth of the fish in the tank
- Remote monitoring and controlling os the feeder is possible from an App